CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an newly established and International provider of Corporate & Fiduciary Services with offices in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a highly experienced and capable Senior Compliance Officer to join their expanding team of professionals.
- Liaising with all relevant business and supporting areas within the Company.
- Drafting, amending and implementing Company`s policies and procedures in order to prevent and / or manage regulatory violations and to ensure that all compliance related systems and controls are at place.
- On-going monitoring of the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures of the Company.
- Advising and assisting the relevant persons responsible for carrying out the administration services to be in compliance with the Law.
- Drafting written reports to the Senior Management and the Board making recommendations and indicating in particular whether the appropriate remedial measures have been taken in the event of any deficiencies, at least annually.
- Working on related changes to the Company’s documentation.
- Training and educating the staff of the Company in respect with the compliance function according to the Law.
- Communicating the relevant statutes of the IOM to each employee and notifying them of any relevant changes therein that relates to his/her role and responsibilities in the Company.
- Ensuring that the Executive Directors or other hierarchically higher officers do not exercise inappropriate influence over the way in which a relevant person carries out the provision of ancillary services.
- Developing, drafting and redrafting the appropriate procedures of the Company, so as to prevent and resolve potential conflicts of interest, ensuring that all the procedures regarding the Company’s conflict of interest policy are in place, as well as establishing and maintaining Chinese Walls procedures between the various organizational units of the Company.
- Ensuring that all employees will have the ability to identify cases of potential conflicts of interest.
- Deciding whether to allow or not a transaction by notifying Clients, after being informed by members of the staff of a potential conflict of interest situation.
- Disclosing to Clients or potential Clients of the general nature and any potentially present conflicts of interest.
- Keeping records regarding conflict of interest situations, where relevant.
- Ensuring that all relevant information is included in the Company’s outsourcing agreements.
- Keep updated with relevant regulatory developments so as to evolve best practices in compliance control.
- Direct communication with competent authorities.
- Legal Educational Background.
- CySEC Advanced Certificate.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Compliance Officer.
- Proficiency in English; Greek nice to have.
- High ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal, social and conviction skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a highly committed and outgoing personality.