CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Our client is an Accounting firm based in Zebbug in Malta and is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to add to their team. Their team delivers high-quality assurance services to a vast array of clients, through methodologies tailored to suit the size and nature of the specific organisation.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the firms’ client portfolio of outsourced and co-sourced internal audit functions. This is a senior position in a modern and dynamic environment, reporting to the partner and carrying out the activities expected by the relevant framework and guidance. The incumbent shall also manage and co-ordinate the relevant client relationships.
- Develop and implement comprehensive internal audit policies, procedures and programmes, performing audits in accordance with such programmes.
- Manage and when required participate in the conduct of the relevant internal audit engagements within the timeframes agreed upon with the client.
- Prepare internal audit plans specific to each client after conducting a comprehensive risk analysis of the respective strategic objectives and operations.
- Recommend improvements to internal controls, operating efficiency and the adequacy of accounting policies, procedures, records and record-keeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations based on the results of audit examinations, whether scheduled or unscheduled, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by the clients’ Management or Board.
- Maintain a comprehensive oversight of the main areas of risk and control weaknesses in the clients’ business model and operational infrastructure.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Actively interfaces with clients to ensure smooth and efficient processes and optimum use of resources and technology.
- Excellent writing, analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to discern issues and focus on material risks and/or control weaknesses.
- Proven track record in achieving results, both as an individual contributor and from a managerial perspective, optimising on the team's reporting lines and relationship.
- A commitment to quality and high service levels to the client functions, organs and individuals receiving the service.
- Strong leadership and management skills to successfully motivate, coach and develop team members to reach high performance.
- Of the highest integrity, independent and able to take initiative, works well with minimum supervision and under pressure, commits to deadlines and is a team-player.
- Approachable, self-disciplined, objective and forward-looking .
EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- A professional qualification in a relevant area such as banking, finance, accounting, risk, compliance or related field. Certification by, a recognised internal auditing body would be viewed favourably.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an auditing environment, preferably including a minimum of 2 years managing an internal audit function ideally within the financial services sector.