CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of Bank of Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit a highly experienced and knowledgeable Property Valuer with a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in property valuations to join their expanding team of professionals based in Nicosia.
Undertakes specialised property valuations and provides property related consultancy services to the Bank’s Management and Branches/Departments/Units and to the Group’s subsidiary companies. Coordinates and monitors the external valuations procedure and undertakes internal valuations and external valuation reviews aiming at securing the quality of valuations prepared for the Group for all purposes with ultimate aim the Bank’s better collateral security and proper appraisal of the Bank’s owned property.
- Undertakes for the purposes of the Bank and the Group’s subsidiary companies internal valuations for the estimation of market, rental and other values for purposes of finance, sale, purchase, rental, mortgage release, financial statements or other purposes of the Group.
- Reviews and assesses external valuations for the handling and resolving of deviations / disputes between valuations prepared for finance, sale, purchase, rental, mortgage release, financial statements or other purposes of the Group.
- Undertakes sample reviews of external valuations for the purposes of assessing their quality and also for the evaluation of the external valuers with whom the Bank associates and submits relevant reports to Management.
- Undertakes reviews of external valuations prepared for the purposes of the revaluation process of properties owned by the Bank for accounts purposes and submits quarterly reports for the purposes of quarterly financial statements.
- Undertakes external valuers’ performance evaluations and submits recommendations for their upgrading/downgrading/expulsion and the increase/decrease in the volume of work assigned to them.
- Reviews and assesses applications of new external valuers requesting induction in the Bank’s external valuers panel and submits recommendations for approval or rejection of such applications.
- Provides support to the Bank’s Branches/Departments/Units handling and resolving valuation related issues and detects procedural deficiencies and submits recommendations for their improvement.
- Undertakes on site property inspections and property investigations and researches at the relevant public authorities (Land Registry Department, Town & Planning Department, Municipalities etc).
- Cooperates with valuers / valuation firms abroad, manages and coordinates the external valuation procedure in other countries for finance/collateral purposes and prepares relevant contracts of valuation assignments to associates abroad.
- Manages and coordinates the external valuation procedure of properties owned by the Bank in other countries for financial statement purposes.
- Manages and coordinates the external valuation procedure of machinery / equipment for finance/collateral purposes.
- Represents the Department at meetings with other Bank divisions concerning property valuations.
- Represents the Bank at Courts of Justice proceedings on cases requiring testimony by expert witnesses.
- Represents the Bank at meetings at the Central Bank of Cyprus (CBC) and the Cyprus Association of Commercial Banks concerning property valuations or the CBC property index and sends to the CBC on a monthly basis for the purposes of the index data concerning valuations performed by external valuers for the purposes of the Bank.
- Continues professional development and maintains knowledge of local property and planning legislations and regulations.
- Undertakes any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Head Valuations Unit / Manager of the Department.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in Property Valuation, Real Estate Management and other property related degrees.
- Member of the Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber (ETEK) in the ‘Land Valuation’ field.
- Full Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in property valuations.
- Previous experience at the Valuations Unit of Bank of Cyprus or at the respective Valuations Unit of any other Banking/Financial institution and knowledge of relevant banking procedures will be considered as an advantage.
- Very Good knowledge of the legal, land registry and planning framework of the property sector.
- Very good knowledge of computers and MS Office.
- Very good knowledge of Google Earth and other property valuation related applications.
- Very good knowledge of the available Land Registry and Planning Department databases and systems.
- Very good knowledge of the English language both oral and writing.
- Very good interpersonal relations, teamwork and cooperation spirit.
- To have a dynamic personality and take initiative.
- High degree of adjustability to procedural and technological changes.