CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos Street
Limassol CY 3032
A global shipping and logistics company are currently looking for a Port Operations Officer. The company is one of the largest companies within the industry making this a great opportunity for the successful person to join their Limassol office. With offices worldwide and over 9,000 people on their payroll, the company offers a wide range of shipping and logistics services. The successful candidate must have prior experience working within a Cypriot port and speak both Greek and English.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out port and customs regulations and adequately advise principals on local procedures and requirements
- Provide updated information to principals and masters before, during vessel’s calls and after sailing
- Visit quayside, board the vessel and attend to any requirements
- Make all efforts to assist with vessel activities, movements and cargo operations in order to meet vessel schedules and deliverables
- Assist with crew changes and port immigration formalities
- Available to work after office hours/ weekends/ holidays if needed
- Bachelors’ degree or Postgraduate degree (desired)
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience
- Very good written and verbal Greek and English
- Keen to complete tasks in an orderly way
- Adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good co-ordination skills
- Team player (communication and interpersonal skills)
- Willingness to handle routine functions
- Willingness to work out of normal office hours
- Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to George Kimonos at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 25 342720 quoting the above reference number.