CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Who we Are?
Tickmill is a leading retail FX Broker with an average monthly trading volume of more than $130 Billion. Founded in 2014, the firm has seen a significant growth in terms of clients and traded volume. By using the latest scientific methods, the quants team deploys computer-aid driven strategies in the Foreign Exchange space. Our goal is to produce predictive research boosted by our unapparelled access to conventional and unconventional third-party data sets.
What will your job look like?
We are seeking Quantitative Research Interns with strong quantitative and programming skills to join our Quant Research Team and contribute in the day-to-day activities. Our ten (10) week internship program provides undergraduate and graduate students with challenging and meaningful opportunities to learn about quantitative finance and asset management. You will be assigned a challenging research project that involves the application of innovative mathematical and computational analysis. Our research interns work alongside our quantitative researchers and assist with the development of systematic trading and investment strategies. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. Using rigorous scientific methods, you would be expected to extract meaningful predictive signals from time-series data and use them to predict future.
Your project will give you the opportunity to work in the machine learning space, optimization and algorithmic trading. For the duration of the project you will collaborate with the Quant Researchers & Developers and they will act as your mentor. By the end of the project you will receive structured feedback that will help you to improve and develop. Potential for successful internships to lead to full-time employment upon graduation.
Your role will be required to have:
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Physics, Math’s, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline.
· Applied Experience in one of the following programming languages (Python/R/Matlab/C++).
· Knowledge of Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, ScikitLearn and Matplotlib (or equivalent packages in other programming languages).
· Understanding of SQL databases.
· An interest in working with large data sets, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Optimisation algorithms.
· Skills in mathematical methods and modelling.
· Previous Experience in Finance is not required, although an interest about financial markets is highly desirable.
Working with us you will expect:
· A Unique opportunity for career in a global, fast growing company and self-development;
· Attractive Compensation package based on qualifications and experience;
· Modern and professional work environment;
· Participate in the “Employee Training & Development Internship Summer program for 2020”;
· Free Gym for all employees of Tickmill at the Marina “Sanctum Spa & Fitness”;
· Quarterly/Semestrial Team Activities for all the Company;
· Medical Insurance Cover from 1st day of induction, which includes Dental Care, Annual Check-ups etc.;
· 13th Salary.
Make your next Career step and apply* to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.