CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Who we Are?
Tickmill is a leading retail FX Broker with an average monthly trading volume of more than $130 Billion. Founded in 2014, the firm has seen a significant growth in terms of clients and traded volume. By using the latest scientific methods, the quants team deploys computer-aid driven strategies in the Foreign Exchange space. Our goal is to produce predictive research boosted by our unapparelled access to conventional and unconventional third-party data.
What will your job look like?
Our primary goal is to forecast the market (financial time-series data). This is a challenging and competitive space (especially FX), considering the efficiency of the market. Trying to predict the market should be done with entirely new techniques than using conventional, well known methods. The impact that a Quant Researcher has is highly measurable and has direct impact on the business. As a researcher you will have access to an enormous amount of data and unlimited computing resources. You will apply different kind of methods, such as machine learning or regression. We read and discuss the latest publications and discuss them in our team meetings. We take actions based on research and implement models in real world problems. The specific research role provides the researcher with the freedom to develop and test ideas in
Your role will be required to have:
· Master or PhD in math’s, physics, engineering, statistics, computer science, machine learning, information retrieval, recommendation systems or other quantitative discipline.
· Programming skills in one object-oriented programming language such as Python, R or Matlab.
· Excellent reasoning and mathematical skill are crucial. You will have to develop your own models.
· Background working in alternative data-driven research is a plus.
· Publications at top conferences and journals is highly desirable.
· Prior experience developing, researching and deploying quantitative models will be considered as a strong plus.
Working with us you will expect:
· A Unique opportunity for career in a global, fast growing company and self-development;
· Attractive Compensation package based on qualifications and experience;
· Modern and professional work environment;
· Participate in the “Employee Training & Development program”;
· Free Gym for all employees of Tickmill at the Marina “Sanctum Spa & Fitness”;
· Quarterly/Semestrial Team Activities for all the Company;
· Medical Insurance Cover from 1st day of induction, which includes Dental Care, Annual Check-ups etc.;
· 13th Salary.
Make your next Career step and apply* to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.