CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Our client is a leading Fintech provider with several offices around the world and Headquarters based in Cyprus. They are looking for a Systems Engineer who will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers should have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Excellent customer service (professionalism and courtesy are a must, as is the ability to adhere to industry knowledge standards) and communication skills (chat, email, phone, and in-person).
- Troubleshoot network/system issues across a wide range of firewalls, routers, switches, modems, wireless controllers, servers, and other devices.
- Installing, maintaining, programming and testing networking hardware (wired and wireless, cabling, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with Layer 1-7 troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience with SNMP protocol.
- 3+ year of experience with strong virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vCenter Server and VMware ESXi.
- Defines, monitors, and troubleshoots system performance within the VMware environment
- Perform upgrades and firmware patches for virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Provide configuration management and security compliance for virtual infrastructure and data center server equipment.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on issues and root cause analysis to prevent future incidents.
- Configure and manage virtual data, licensing, resource pools and clusters
- Configure, manage, and optimize High Availability options, Distributed Resources Scheduler, Update Manager, Consolidated Backup, and VSAN datastores.
- Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare vCenter infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor event logs for changes or errors and take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- The individual will be responsible for VMware ESXi patching. This includes Change Management, ticket creation, documentation, notification and resolving change tickets.
- Must be able to multitask and work on several active change tickets at the same time.
- 3+ years of experience with Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- 3+ years of experience with Exchange or Office365 or Gmail Business
- 3+ years of experience with Monitoring Solutions (eg. Zabbix, Cacti, PRTG or Nagios)
- Ability to utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and activities, including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support.
- Produce and update processes and support documentation.
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions.
- Communicate with clients and team members at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests.
- Communicate changes, outages to appropriate contacts.
- Escalate problems to the appropriate IS and teams within the company or external vendors as required.
- Keep current with industry products and technologies available for communications, (e.g. Internet services, protocols and networking equipment).
- BSc/BEng in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or any other relevant field.
- Fluency in English and Greek (oral and written) is mandatory.
- Experience in Windows environment including Windows /2008/2012/2016 Servers and Linux Centos/RedHat/Ubuntu.
- Must have integrity and strong communication skills.
- Efficiency and ability to take responsibility and get things done.
- Team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- After-hours on-call duties are part of this job.
- Candidate should also be willing to prepare for Certifications.
What they offer
- Attractive remuneration package based on experience and performance
- Excellent working environment
- Benefits card offering discounts from various vendors
- 23 days annual leave
- Medical scheme
- Strong career development opportunity