CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
135 OMONIAS AVE.
UAD COURT 4TH FLOOR.
World-Link Communications, member of the Bernard Schulte Organization, was established in 1989 and we are providing Mobile Satellite Services specializing in the maritime sector. Our clients are ship owners and managers worldwide.
We are currently looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to assist in the development , deployment and support of our network management appliance.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Initiating and actively driving the adoption of good patterns, structures and use of technologies for development and operations
- Investigating and identifying practices and work that can benefit from automation
- Monitoring and suggesting improvements to the existing CI/CD process to increase speed, safety and reliability
- Implementing and/or coordinating the implementation with the parties involved
- Assisting developers with setting up CI/CD for their projects and providing support for any issues that may arise
- Work on complex software development projects to keep important, services up and running
- Develop code and build frameworks to monitor the services deployed in production to drive reliability and performance
- Build systems and infrastructure to monitor complex, large-scale distributed systems
- Identify performance issues and collaborate with developers to triage critical issues in production systems
- Check design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services
- Devise ways to actively monitor system throughput, capacity and reliability
- Debug complex systems and evolve a running environment without downtime
- Engage in a service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar disciplin
- Overall knowledge of software dev and release practices, according to DevOps principles
- Degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other relevant field
- At least 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Fundamental knowledge of technologies across a broad range of disciplines: virtualization, storage, networking, server and security
- Understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Experience in analyzing logs and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Solid foundation in Linux and networks administration and troubleshooting
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills in English
- Configure and deploy firewall (iptables) and VPN (OpenVPN)
This is a permanent full time position in Limassol.
Candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org