CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos Street
On behalf of a prestigious hospitality and real estate group, GRS are looking to recruit a Marina Attendant, for their Limassol operation. The successful candidate will have 3 years’ experience in the hospitality or maritime sector with fluency in Greek and English, Russian being highly favourable. This is a great opportunity to work with a highly accomplished and experienced team of professionals in charge of the operation of an exciting lifestyle development. If you feel you have the necessary skills and industry experience then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Limassol based Marina Attendant role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist owners and crews with yacht berthing, especially when weather/tide conditions are unfavorable, including towing and line work with the workboat, car-parking and baggage handling.
- Ensure that the boats at all times are properly and sufficiently moored and protected with fenders, and that neither mooring lines, electricity cables, boat overhangs or any other thing causes a hazard on pontoons or quays.
- As per the Annual Maintenance Plan, carry out routine inspections, repairs and maintenance duties as directed.
- Inspect, maintain and clean building (including washrooms/toilets when no cleaner is on duty), pontoons, quays, site and workplaces in order to preserve a high standard of hygiene and appearance.
- Operate the fuel dock following all relevant procedures and enforcing all rules.
- Assist with boat handling and boatyard operations (e.g. boat hoist) operate high pressure cleaner, block and stand yachts where and as appropriate.
- Liaise with government officials, security personnel and other contractors to maintain safe and secure operations throughout the site.
- Answer telephone and personal enquiries, operate the VHF, and maintain all log-books and records as directed.
- Comply with the Company’s health and safety policy and other safe operating procedures and guidelines and with recognized good working practices, and seeing that others follow.
- Offer a personalised service to all internal and external customers.
- Carry out all other duties that may be reasonably required.
- Educated to high school level, with relevant trade or training experience e.g. electrical/mechanical engineering, carpentry or general boatyard work.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the hospitality or maritime sector.
- Professional fluency in Greek and English, with Russian being highly favourable.
- Excellent customer orientation skills.
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses, certificate or permits beneficial to the role, including medical certification.
- A good general knowledge of maritime operations including boat lifting, boat handling and towing, rope work, plant and equipment maintenance is considered an advantage.
- Proven skills in VHF communication, health & safety, first-aid and fire-fighting procedures.
- Proficiency in swimming and in possession of a valid driving license.
- In possession of a diving certificate from a recognized body or ability obtain one.
- In possession of a small craft driving certificate or ability to obtain one.
- Eligible to work in Cyprus
- Able to work shifts 07:00-16:00 or 13:00-22:00, 5 days over 7.
- Benefits include a 13th salary and medical insurance.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Ross Pitman at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342 720 quoting the above reference number.