CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
World-Link Communications, member of the Bernard Schulte Organization, was established in 1989 and we are providing Mobile Satellite Services specializing in the maritime sector. Our clients are ship owners and managers worldwide.
We are currently looking to hire a Backend Developer to design and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The Senior Software Engineer engages directly with IT management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
· Develop high-quality software design and architecture
· Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
· Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
· Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
· Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
· Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
· Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Practice agile development methodologies and work with current networking technologies
· Develop code to complete assigned project by deadline
· Minimum 5 years with ELK stack and API experience
· Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
· Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
· Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
· Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
· In depth knowledge of selected programming languages :
ELK, MariaDB, MySQL , Apache/Nginx,PHP + Laravel, Bootstrap or similar, JS framework (angular/react/vue), 2FA
· In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB, etc)
· In depth understanding of Linux networking and protocols and services; TCPDUMP, Wireshark, OpenVPN/PPTP/L2TP/IPSec, Vlans, QOS, IPtables, SCP SSH and L7-filtering
· Able to configure, install, optimize and support Apache/Nginx, Centos, Custom Linux building/compiling, DNS, DHCP, FTP/SFTP, SSL/TLS/Vmware and Radius
· Working knowledge setting up Asterisk based VoIP systems.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to lead others.
· Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
· Demonstrated ability to debug networked systems
· Experience and hands on knowledge of systems’ security
· Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and to work under tight time constraints
This is a permanent full time position in Limassol.
Candidates should send their resumes and to email@example.com