CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
World-Link Communications, member of the Bernard Schulte Organization, was established in 1989 and we are providing Mobile Satellite Services specializing in the maritime sector. Our clients are ship owners and managers worldwide.
We are currently looking to hire a senior IT Infrastructure engineer.
The candidate should be adept at problem solving through innovation, making confident decisions under pressure, good at coordinating between internal and client teams wherever necessary.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
· Daily health checks of the datacentre infrastructure
· Maintain VSphere infrastructure
· Ensure servers are updated regularly (patched)
· Review server logs
· Maintain Linux and Unix operating systems including installs and troubleshooting
· Maintain Windows server system, Domain controllers, File servers, DNS and DHCP (up to Windows server 2019)
· Provide project implementation services for new systems and infrastructure
· Manage and maintain existing systems and infrastructure
· Maintain system documentation to a high standard
· To provide technical lead services on a range of assigned projects
· Respond to and resolve office request
· Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
· Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
· Install and configure software and hardware.
· Maintain ticketing system environment
· Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
· Liaise with third party monitors to keep wide area network, switches and VPN tunnels intact.
· Maintain Dell and HP server hardware - Manage network servers and technology tools
· Maintain EMC SAN and NAS storage
· Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls – Experience with Cisco ASA firewall technology and Cisco switching and routing
· Provide Microsoft administration and operational support of the court's Windows servers and desktops, including Active Directory and Group Policy Management, and the support of Microsoft Office products - Office Suite on O365
· Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its interaction with Active Directory.
· Maintain MDaemon Mail-server
· Experience with scripting and automation tools
- 3-5 years of Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer
- Professional certification (Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, VMWare)
- Solid understanding of networking: software, hardware, protocols, cloud computing and wireless
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Infrastructure & MS365
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Understanding of Storage Infrastructure (SAN)
- Strong experience in implementing VMware technology, Hosted Virtualisation - HyperV and VMWare Hypervisor
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Overseeing network infrastructure and systems functionality
- Define network policies and procedures
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Windows and Linux experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian and Zeroshell)
- Backup Software (Veeam)
- Ensuring all SLA’s are met with and delivered efficiently.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tool
This is a permanent full time position in Limassol.Candidates should send their resumes and to firstname.lastname@example.org