CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
Nicosia, 1086, Cyprus. License 272
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well-known and respected Telecommunications Providers with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent Core Network Planning Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicants will be a minimum of two years’ experience within a similar position.
- Plans, designs and dimensions (hardware and software) the elements of the Core Networks.
- Prepares and applies detailed configuration instructions.
- Designs and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks and/or high-level elements of the network (e.g. MSS, MGW, MME, SGSN, S/P-GW, GGSN, MGCF, BSC, RNC).
- Instructs and authorizes configuration changes and implementation of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Implements configuration changes of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the Core Networks.
- Prepares customer solutions in the Core Networks.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the elements of the Core Networks.
- Participates in the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the Core Networks.
- Contacts vendors, exchanging information for software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyzes overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the Core Networks.
- Documents network configurations, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Core Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise.
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner.
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science.
- Postgraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks will be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures and communication flows.
- Knowledge of signalling systems, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN.
- Knowledge of signalling protocols, e.g. ISUP, MAP, SIP.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies and protocols.
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports.
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux.
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.