CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well-known and respected Telecommunications Providers with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent IP Networks Expert to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicants will hold a minimum of two years’ experience within a similar position.
- Design, deploy, support and dimension (hardware and software) of any related Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network in the company’s Infrastructure. This includes the ISP Backbone Network, the Mobile Network, the xDSL and FTTH Networks and the Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Internal and External Customer Support.
- Design, deploy and support the Firewalls Security Network.
- Assists Sales Team during presales visits to corporate customers and designs, deploy and support the solutions to meet customer’s requirements.
- Designs, deploys and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks elements of the network (e.g. BSC, RNC, MSS, MGW, UGW, DSLAM, MSAN, BRAS, DBs).
- Participate in technical meetings with other departments.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the IP Networks.
- Analyses overall network impact of any proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Documents network configurations and corporate solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
- Postgraduate degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks.
- Working experience preferably on Huawei, Juniper and Cisco equipment.
- Working experience with layer-2 Ethernet technologies.
- Working experience with IP/MPLS architectures as well as technologies and protocols like BGP, RSVP, LDP, OSPF, IS-IS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, Circuit Emulation, QoS/CoS, Traffic Engineering, IPv6 etc).
- Working experience with Dynamic Subscriber Management, RADIUS protocol, PPPoE and DHCP.
- Working experience with Firewalls and familiarity with IPsec and VPNs.
- Working experience with Load Balancers is a plus.
- Knowledge of Mobile Networks and xDSL/FTTH Network architectures and communication flows.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of IPv6 will be considered as an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux is a plus.
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring Systems, SNMP agents, statistical monitoring and analysis.
- Network Certifications will be considered as an advantage.
- Hardworking, focused, thorough, punctual, and proficient at multitasking.
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics to corporate peers and management.
- Able to work independently or within a team environment, with minimum instruction from management.
- Proficiency in English language.