CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
25 Aphrodite Street
GRS is working closely with a very well-established Telecommunications company and looking to recruit a Core Network Planning Engineer in Nicosia. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 2 years previous working experience in a similar role, extensive knowledge with signalling protocols and technologies, as well as speaking fluent Greek and English. If you are looking to develop your career and have the necessary qualifications for this position, we will be glad to receive your CV today!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, designs, and dimensions (hardware and software) the elements of the Core Networks.
- Designs and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks and/or high-level elements of the network (e.g. MSS, MGW, MME, SGSN, S/P-GW, GGSN, MGCF, BSC, RNC).
- Prepares and applies detailed configuration instructions.
- Instructs and authorizes configuration changes and implementation of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Implements configuration changes of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities, and software releases for the Core Networks.
- Prepares customer solutions in the Core Networks
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the elements of the Core Networks
- Participates in the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the Core Networks
- Contacts vendors, exchanging information for software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyses overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the Core Networks.
- Documents network configurations, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Core Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science
- Fluency in Greek and English, both in verbal and written
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures, and communication flows
- Knowledge of signalling systems, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN and protocols e.g. ISUP, MAP, SIP
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies and protocols
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 13th salary
- Provident Fund
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working practices
- Additional Benefits
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Zoe Andreou, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.