CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
VASEX is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing of lightweight aerated blocks undertaking also distribution.
We manufacture the lightweight bricks and distribute them nationwide. We operate effectively and would like to recruit a competent mechanical maintenance mechanic.
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic that will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets of our plant, situated in Larnaca. He will be working with a safe and efficient manner in fixing and maintaining equipment, technology parts and use proper techniques as well as new ideas in operation and maintenance that would result in higher productivity and plant performance. The ideal candidate must have a natural ability to react within logical and safe actions and be flexible to handle anything that might arise within the premises. He must provide strong and reliable support to company operations. Not only will his efforts result in achieving organizational efficiency, but also create a pleasant work environment that the management and employees will appreciate deeply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) This is a safety sensitive position
- Ensure operation of machinery and equipment by completing maintenance requirements on production, packaging, processing equipment, utility systems, manual repairs of locks, doors, steel fabrications, alarm systems where possible and fire combating systems, painting, carpentry etc.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and handling equipment in performing duties
- Follow all required work safe practices including lock-out tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
- Assist the management in the preparation of the annual budget.
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- Ability to interpret blue prints, specifications and other standards
- Must be able to quickly identify materials
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds regularly
Competencies Required for Success
- Teamwork and organizational skills
- Demonstrated prioritization / time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; OR one to three months related experience AND/OR training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.