CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Harris Kyriakides LLC, acting on behalf of its client, the Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment by CMMI of a qualified applicant for the position of Procurement Officer.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is an innovative, non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI draws on expertise from local universities and industry and international partners. The goals of the CMMI are to develop knowledge and to utilise new approaches and technologies to solve challenges facing the marine environment and the wider maritime and offshore sectors.
The focus areas include, but are not limited to:
1. Marine and Offshore Science, Technology, and Engineering,
2. Marine Robotics and Automation Systems,
3. Maritime Digitalization and Vessel Performance Optimization,
4. Marine Observation and Underwater & Seabed Technologies,
5. Marine & Coastal Ecosystems,
6. Maritime Human Element,
7. Marine Cultural Heritage,
8. Marine & Maritime Policy Research and Regional Cooperation.
The Procurement Officer will have a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the CMMI. The successful candidate will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory and be responsible for approving purchases. The Procurement Officer's duties will include staff supervision on areas of procurement, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, compliance with applicable law and maintaining accurate records.
· Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
· Preparing budgets, cost analyses and reports, and maintaining records.
· Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
· Reviewing, comparing, and analysing products and services to be purchased.
· Following and enforcing the company's public procurement policies and procedures.
· Collecting requests from departments for new acquisitions.
· Ensuring accurate delivery of orders.
· Communicating with relevant departments of public authorities for guidance.
· Updating the e-procurement system as required by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other relevant degree.
· A minimum of two years’ work experience in a relevant position and/or accounting.
· Knowledge and experience in public procurement procedures and the use of the e-procurement system.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Greek.
· Strong computer literacy.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines/deliverables.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Salary and Benefits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their full CV in English, accompanied by a single-page cover letter by email to email@example.com (Position Reference PO2020) no later than the 4th of December 2020. Shortlisted candidates may be required to provide references. Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.