CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Head of Business Development – Public Sector Communications (Remote, Cyprus)
Our client, an international communications network, is looking to hire a Head of Business Development for their Public Sector operations to target specific Public Sector partners (technical assistance and communications agencies) and build relationships for ongoing lead generation for tendering.
The successful applicant will have experience and knowledge across the public sector communications sector and be an outgoing and charismatic leader.
This role will be responsible for developing a strategy for the Public Sector Department of our client’s business.
Role Title: Head of Business Development – Public Sector Communications
Reporting To: CEO
Role Location: Remote
- Target specific Public Sector partners (technical assistance and communications agencies) and build relationships for ongoing lead generation for tendering
- Develop a Strategy for the Public Sector Department of the Company. Upon approval from the CEO and the Business Development Director, manage the overall operation of the department to achieve the targets set.
- Target Public Sector Institutions for global tenders for our client’s markets and also drive engagement of local offices with these institutions in each market
- Manage partnerships so that the company is considered a good partner to grow our participation in consortiums and other partnerships
- Understand the tendering process and set up a procedure that ensures the company is tendering for the most relevant and most profitable tenders – maximize efficiency with the current resource
- Be overall responsible for the tendering process and manage the flow, identify the best subcontractors (writers and experts etc) and ensure the company is relevant when undergoing the tendering procedures.
- Identify and attend communications summits, partner initiatives like ICA meetings and conferences on behalf of our client to generate more leads
- Identify services that the company has a competitive advantage and proactively campaign these to the potential partners
- Manage key expert data base owned by our client and ensure it is kept up to-date and being used effectively so the company has the best local and regional key experts on hand
- Drive Public Sector new business in our client’s owned agencies by facilitating training for the markets and also supporting their local tendering
- Subscribe to global tender websites to monitor global tenders and drive the tender process when its fits our client’s capabilities
- Manage pipeline and provide reports with NB updates on a monthly basis to help with decision making
- Regular communications with all wholly owned company agencies to support them in getting new business
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop a marketing strategy to promote our client’s Public Sector brand externally and internally within the network
- Manage the marketing tools including the newsletter, website, Social Media Strategy and Content Calendar to increase and maintain awareness of Public Sector content
- Reactive New Business and ongoing project management
- Manage the team that looks after reactive new business coming in from existing and new partners
- Ensure the company is reacting effectively and efficiently to reactive new business
- Quality Control over the proposals, pricing and information that is being sent to partners
- Understand the financial management that goes into tenders together with the Chief of Operations and Finance.
- Manage the project management team to ensure the projects that the company’s wins are being properly managed, and partners and institutions are happy with the company’s quality of work
- Manage the resource for project management and find ways to make this most effective within our client’s network.
Experience working with Public Sector, UNDP, Government, International clients for example Donors & Organisations.
A strong background in the Communications sector is essential
Experience as a Departmental Head – with prior experience in management and a strategic position, financial management skills are important.
Excellent interpersonal and social skills with a professional and charasmatic approach to New Business Development
Happy to travel internationally as required for the role.
Strong understanding of the tendering process is an advantage but not essential
This position can be remote and Cyprus residency is not required