CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Work Channel Recruitment is working closely with a digital services company and they are looking to recruit a Back-End Java Developer to join their team.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Manage the whole lifecycle of the applications, development, deployment, maintenance and monitoring: “You build it, you run it” principle
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven working experience as a Back-End Developer or similar role
- Proven expertise in managing high-volume data in near real time fashion, in a highly concurrent environment (highly parallel distributed/multithreading processing)
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Experience with test-driven development
- Good knowledge of relational (SQL) / non-relational databases (NoSQL) including ORM models (Eloquent, Hibernate, etc.) and understanding of database/data modelling concept (Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases will be considered an advantage)
- Strong knowledge of database technologies to scale for high volume web sites
- Strong knowledge with dealing large system including logging and reporting
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.), including relevant mainstream Java frameworks – Spring and Spring Cloud)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful services
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of Redis
- Knowledge of containers management frameworks i.e. Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cloud technologies e.g. Google Cloud/ Amazon AWS
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and simplify them
- Problem solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
What our client offers
- Full-time permanent employment contract
- Competitive net salary and conditions corresponding to the demands of the position
- 13th salary
- 22 annual leave days
- Private medical insurance (after probation period - 3 months)
- Flexible working hours – 7 hours per day with 1-hour break
- Work from home policy
- Encouragement of innovation and support in personal and professional growth
- Opportunity to deal with International customers
- Team building activities
How to Apply
If interested and you match all the requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title of the position in the subject line
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted