CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-13
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy. It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
• First Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Ideally, the successful candidate must have experience in research programs related to the research fields of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory. Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
• Power Systems.
• Smart Grids.
• Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
• ICT applications in the field of energy.
• Programming in Python, especially for energy related applications. High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic Technology. The duties, apart from the research activity, will include the following:
• Writing Reports and research publications.
• Research Proposal Preparation.
• Support in writing Research ProposalsSupervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students) and postgraduate students.
• Support in research project management.
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Letter of interest for the specific position.
2. Full CV including description of previous experience, as well as reference to the grades of degrees and school certificate [apolyterion].
3. Copies of degrees and transcripts of first degree (and of Master’s degree/degrees, if applicable).
4. Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters. by email to the following address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2021.
*The application must include the application code FOSS2020SS-13.
For more information please contact: Prof. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: email@example.com)