CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos Street
Limassol CY 3032
A well established and reputable Accounting & Audit Firm are working with GRS to recruit a Head of Accounting based in Nicosia. The successful candidate will be ACCA or ACA qualified and have a minimum of 2 years management experience. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we look forward to receiving your CV for this Nicosia based Head of Accounting role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the Clients are in compliance with all AML requirements and the Firm’s Policies and Procedures.
- Approve all Forms and supporting information/ documentation needed for Client Continuance/ Acceptance and handles them to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepare and review the staff plan and provides it to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepare budgets of the Accounting engagement and assign the work to a team of accountants
- Review the work of each team member and provide feedback in regard to the international accounting standards, and their performance.
- Organize meetings for accounting managers/ accounting department employees to organise the work and to receive feedback.
- Identify training needs for the employees in the accounting department of the Firm.
- Engage in training sessions.
- Assist in consultation between audit team members and employees of the audit department of the Firm.
- Responsible for training staff members in accounting methodology and tax, updating them on new laws and regulations.
- Report to the Director of the department, communicating development issues, client updates, and employee matters.
- Consult clients in regard to accounting issues and tax obligations.
- Accountable for the training and performance management of team members, conducting their annual performance appraisals, and offer continuous guidance and support.
- Responsible for administrative matters of the firm and decision making.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- More than 6 years accounting experience, and 2 years managerial experience.
- ACCA or ACA qualified.
- Native in Greek and Fluent in English.
- Experienced in Quickbooks.
- Excellent knowledge of VAT, Social Insurance, IFRS, ISA
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Elysseos Odesseos, Elysseos@grsrecruitment.comquoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.