CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a globally recognised provider of tailor-made Residence & Citizenship Planning services, we are seeking to recruit a Head of Corporate Governance to join their expanding team based in Limassol. The successful applicant will hold a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally from an international law firm or the corporate/commercial department of an international organization. Excellent communication skills in English are essential.
The Head of Corporate Governanc ewill be responsible for overseeing the corporate secretary and corporate governance activity a Group of companies and for further developing and implementing corporate governance objectives. The Head of Corporate Governance will also function as the Company Secretary of The Group of companies based in Cyprus.
- Taking the lead where necessary and otherwise assist with incorporation, liquidation, merger, share transfer, etc. of and other changes to company structure.
- Taking the lead where necessary and otherwise assist with alterations to Group companies Memorandum and Articles of Association, including change of name, alteration of capital, etc…
- Preparation, provision and update of corporate documentation in required form.
- Board/committee meetings of companies: assist with the preparation of annual meeting plan, ensure meetings are prepared and conducted in accordance with Articles of Association and where applicable economic substance requirements, collation and preparation of agenda items and board packs, preparation of minutes and ensuring relevant action points are followed up.
- Managing and providing statutory information to support third party due diligence/KYC requests.
- Overseeing annual data checks on companies, record keeping requirements, renewal of regulatory registrations.
- Drafting and amending policies and procedures as required.
- Providing training to senior management with regard to directors and executive management duties and obligations.
- Functioning as the Company Secretary of The Group companies based in Cyprus and assist company secretaries of other companies.
- University Degree (Bachelor) in Law, Finance, Business Management or a related field.
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience gained from either international law firm or a corporate/commercial department of an international organization.
- Proven experience as Company Secretary and of other corporate governance activity in a group of companies and managing a company secretarial/corporate governance team.
- Good understanding of corporate legislation.
- Outstanding English written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.