CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and highly respected CySEC Licensed Investment firm with offices in the heart of Larnaca, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their expanding team. The successful applicant will ideally hold approximately 3+ years of professional experience in a Compliance-related position, ideally within a regulated investment firm. Fluency in English is a must.
- Reports to the Company’s Head of Compliance making relevant recommendations by monitoring and assessing the level of compliance risk that the Company faces.
- Monitors the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures of the Company making necessary amendments to ensure compliance with CySEC requirements.
- Designs and implements the Company’s Compliance Monitoring Program ensuring that periodic compliance audits are carried out.
- Prepares the Annual Compliance Officer Report.
- Monitors the Company’s complaint handling policy to ensure the prompt resolution of client complaints/grievances and ensuring that adequate records are kept in this respect.
- Ensures that Company’s reporting obligations and relevant notifications to CySEC are made in an accurate and prompt manner and within the deadlines set by CySEC.
- Liaises with Company’s External and Internal Auditors providing necessary information to carry out their annual examination.
- Is updated with changes in the legal framework making suggestions to Head of Compliance for implementation in Company’s business to ensure compliance with the changed requirements.
- Ensures that orderly records of Company’s correspondence with CySEC and/or any other competent authority are kept both in an electronic and hard copy form.
- Provides guidance and assistance to all departments of the Company responding to compliance enquires, as necessary.
- Trains the staff of the Company in relation to compliance function, as necessary.
- Carries out any further duties assigned by the Head of Compliance.
- University Degree in Legal, Finance or Economics field or similar.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar position, ideally within a CySEC Regulated Investment Firm.
- Experience within regulated company would be considered an advantage
- Preferably holding CySEC Certificates of Professional Competence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are a must.