Our client, a global Insurance organisation with offices in multiple locations is seeking to recruit an experienced and technically-minded candidate for the position of Risk Analyst (Solvency II - Insurance). Major tasks include monitoring of exposures for all product lines at the holding company level, measuring group-wide aggregations across major risk categories and providing support in completing various regulatory and rating agency filings.
This position requires strong technical knowledge of catastrophe models, experience in risk modeling for property, casualty and specialty lines, knowledge of regulatory and rating agency models and a background in risk management. The individual will report to the Chief Actuary, Deputy Chief Risk Officer.
- Compiling results from loss runs from various catastrophe models in order to assist in the development of group-wide curves for natural catastrophes
- Group-wide coordination and aggregation of risk exposures from man-made disasters
- Performing stress tests and realistic disaster scenarios for a variety of lines of business
- Supporting internal model regulatory compliance, including Solvency II
- Completing regulatory and rating agency questionnaires
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Economics
- Minimum 7 years insurance industry experience including the following:
- Risk management, portfolio analysis, catastrophe risk modeling, exceedance probability analysis and regulatory compliance
- In-depth knowledge of US, London & European insurance markets
- Technical experience with Visual Basic, SQL, MS Access, and other database management systems. Any software certifications are a plus
- Experience with using Dynamic Financial Analysis software
- Strong skills with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Certifications in Underwriting or Actuarial Sciences are a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize a demanding workload
- Attention to detail when meeting tight deadlines
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV, along with any covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number or alternatively call +357 22 002 285 for more information. Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.