We are currently recruiting for an IP Networks Planning Engineer who will be responsible to deliver, design, planning, dimensioning and reporting for the IP Networks. Furthermore will be accountable to provide cost optimized, reliable and high performance IP Networks, according to the MTN overall strategic targets. Moreover, to deliver, design, planning and dimensioning of the DSL network, as well as Fiber Optic Solutions Network Management Systems (NMS).
· Plans, designs and dimensions (hardware and software) the IP Networks.
· Assists Sales during presales visits to corporate customers and designs solutions to meet their requirements.
· Plans, designs and dimensions (hardware and software) the NMS systems.
· Prepares detailed configuration instructions.
· Designs and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks and/or high level elements of the network (e.g. BSC, RNC, MSS, MGW, GGSN, DSLAM, BRAS).
· Instructs and authorizes configuration changes and implementation of new IP Backbone element, DSL, Fiber Optic solutions and NMS.
· Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the IP Networks and NMS.
· Generates performance and optimization reports for the IP Networks.
· Generates work orders towards Network Operations and Field Operations and other departments for the execution of implementation plans and configuration changes.
· Participates in the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the IP Networks and NMS, during the First Office Application Phase.
· Contacts vendors, exchanging information for software and hardware upgrades.
· Analyzes overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
· Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the IP Networks and NMS.
· Documents network configurations and corporate solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
· Postgraduate degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar position
· Good knowledge of LAN/WAN switching/routing technologies and protocols, preferably Huawei, Juniper and Cisco and certified in at least one of CCNP or JNCIP.
· Good knowledge of BGP, MPLS and IPv6 will be considered as an advantage
· Good knowledge of network security technologies and practices preferably based on Juniper and/or Cisco equipment
· Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures and communication flows
· Knowledge of VOIP, CIP will be considered as an advantage
· Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
· Basic knowledge of Unix or Linux will be considered as an advantage
All interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line. Applications close on 30th November 2016.