CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a leading firm operating in the security sector, we are seeking to recruit an Aviation Director, initially on a fixed-term contract, with a view to going permanent. Role Overview:
The Aviation Security Director of the provider will be responsible for all aviation security functions at both Larnaka and Pafos International Airports. This position maintains the security integrity of the airports and ensures compliance with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards and recommended practices (SARPS), the European Union (EU) and the governing laws of the Republic of Cyprus in relation to aviation security including, but not limited to, Cyprus Standard CYS EN 16082:2011, Airport and aviation security services. The Aviation Security Director will ensure the continuous compliance with each Airport’s own Aviation Security Program (ASP), security related circulars and the Airport’s procedures and directives related to aviation security.
- Management, oversight and standardization of aviation security services at Larnaka and Pafos International Airports;
- Ensures that the security measures in place are commensurate with the threat level of the time, as indicated by Hermes Airports who will liaise with the National Authorities responsible for setting the threat level;
- The pre-defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are constantly and consistently met;
- Evaluates and ensures the effectiveness of the airport security management system by observing airport security activities;
- Reviewing and evaluating practice, policy, procedure, and responses for periodic exercises;
- Addresses security compliance, procedures, and planning with airport personnel to include Larnaka and Pafos International Airport personnel, contractors, etc.;
- Identifies potential security concerns/risks, collecting and analyzing data on trends and patterns, reviewing security and inspection reports, and formulating alternatives to address trends and concerns/risks;
- The application of the providers’ own internal QA process and reporting results, trends and concerns to Hermes.
- Keeps abreast of existing and new legislation and ensures compliance to national, and local requirements to include anticipation of future legislation and advising Hermes management on needed action(s);
- Visits the airports to develop and review processes for the monitoring of security compliance and programs.
- University degree in Business or related field
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the security and aviation field is essential
- Fluent in English (Written & Spoken)
- Other European language will be considered as advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Experienced in managing teams
- Good communication skills and client service oriented
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV, along with any covering letter to email@example.com quoting the above job title or alternatively call +357 22 002 285 for more information. Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.