The Hawk Building,
124 Gladstonos Street,
25 Aphrodite Street,
Linux Systems Engineer - IT - Limassol - RP913656
We are currently seeking to recruit a Linux Systems Engineer on behalf of our client an award winning communications company. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual with is a team player, a mentor with a take ownership attitude, who possesses excellent time management, and communication skills. If you feel that you have the relevant experience and profile then please apply for this superb opportunity as a Linux Systems Engineer in Limassol.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, enhance and continue development of our clients Linux network appliance.
- Perform installations and configurations of systems.
- Create and maintain system patches and versions.
- Monitor servers and software for performance.
- Develop cutting-edge system automation tools.
- Collaborating with technical team members, clients and management.
- Providing technical support and problem resolution for the product.
- A minimum of 4 years hands-on experience with Linux appliance systems optimizing open source applications.
- In depth knowledge of programing in Bash, Perl and PHP.
- Able to configure, install, optimize and support MySQL, Apache, Open VPN, PPTPD, Squid, Bind, iptables, Rsync, dhcpd, etc.
- In depth understanding of Linux networking and protocols and services; DHCP, SSL, VPN, VLANs, ssh, TCP/IP, DNS, Samba, NFS, FTP
- Working knowledge setting up Asterisk based VoIP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to debug complex networked systems.
- Experience and hands on knowledge of systems’ security.
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and to work under tight time constraints.
- Working knowledge of Cent OS, Zero Shell, VMware is a PLUS.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman email@example.com quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.
Limassol Office: The Hawk Building, 124 Gladstonos Street, 3rd Floor, Limassol CY-3032