Our client is one of the leading financial services companies with offices based in Limassol. You will be expected to have At least 5 years’ experience in administering SQL/MySQL server databases
We are seeking to recruit a talented individual to join their dynamic team.
You will be expected to make sure that the quality of data remains consistent across database and that is clearly defined. Also, the Database Administrator has to make sure that users access data concurrently in a form that suits their needs and there is provision for data security and recovery control.
Level of charge will determine the tasks needed to carry out in the job. Some work may be pure maintenance while other roles will involve specialising in database development.
Responsibilities may involve some or all of the following:
- establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- controlling access permissions and privileges;
- developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- capacity planning;
- data warehouse;
- working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers;
- communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in administering SQL/MySQL server databases
- Solid experience in Data Warehouse projects
- Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
- Previous experience within the FX industry or Financial Services on a similar IT field as above, will be considered a strong advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
Remuneration & Benefits
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package to include
Please submit a full CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.jobscyprus.com