CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
On behalf our client, a dynamic international investment firm, GRS are seeking for a Quantitative Developer to join their team in Limassol. The ideal candidate will have a PhD or Master’s equivalent in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or a numerate degree, from a top tier university. We are looking for individuals with the intellectual ability to grasp complex mathematical problems, the desire to excel through creative problem solving, and the ability to work well in a team as well as on individual projects. You will be joining a team of outstanding scientists and industry specialists including graduates from the most prestigious international universities, who are responsible for the development of new models from the inception of ideas to production. If you have the necessary skills and experience then an attractive remuneration package will be offered for this Limassol based Quantitative Developer role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and development of trading strategies using both strong coding abilities and quantitative methodologies.
- Contribute to the model building and validation practices to the new area of algorithmic and electronic trading models.
- Development of new models from the inception of ideas to production (including programming, testing and implementation of successful technologies within the live trading overall structure), monitoring model performance, and enhancing the performance of existing models.
- Perform independent reviews of Algo/eTrading models.
- Enhance and engineer new forecasting models utilising our proprietary state-of-the-art automated platform and applies rigorous systematic risk management methodologies.
- Contribute to the testing framework for algo/e-trading models, ensuring that new and changed algos will not have a negative impact on the markets or our clients.
- Provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the monitoring of the performance of trading algorithms versus their intended aims.
- Create high-quality, real-world code.
- Challenge the existing design.
- Master’s Degree or PhD from a top tier university in Mathematics, Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Strong technologist with development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, Matlab, C# OpenCL, or other statistical programming language, Java, and SQL grid computing, cloud computing and OpenGL.
- Experience working with large data sets, with outstanding quantitative analysis skills.
- Cross asset derivatives and market risk experience.
- Strong understanding of derivatives models including market conventions, and market practices regarding hedging.
- Ability to articulate clearly in group presentations and in interactions with clients, via phone or face-to-face.
- The intellectual ability to grasp complex mathematical problems, the desire to excel through creative problem solving, and the ability to work well in a team as well as on individual projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to work with multiple groups across reporting lines.
- Experience using Bloomberg, and other derivative pricing platforms.
- Recent experience in a financial institution, or asset management in financial engineering, structuring, and/or trading is desirable.
- Co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman email@example.com quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.