CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a newly established company created to provide a full range of loan and real estate management services for one of Europe’s leading investors, we are seeking to recruit a highly experienced, dynamic and suitably well-qualified Head of Compliance to be based in Nicosia.
The Head of Legal and Compliance will oversee the Legal and Compliance functions of the business, working closely with the wider management team, external legal counsel and advisors as needed. He/She will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to establish the legal framework for the Company’s operational, organizational and governance activity. Since the business is regulated by the Central Bank of Cyprus, sound compliance experience is essential for success in this role.
- Main point of contact for all regulatory authorities with overall responsibility for supervising and coordinating inspection and regulatory investigation activity, and ensuring that the procedures and actions are in accordance with law and best practices; this includes the evaluation of overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Fostering and maintaining an effective relationship with the Central Bank of Cyprus.
- Money-Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO); producing guidance and direction as to the effective identification and management of ML/TF risk, and ensuring the company’s compliance with law and direction.
- Data Protection Officer (DPO); drafting the related data protection policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with GDPR requirements and educating colleagues on the respective requirements.
- Managing the corporate governance function of the Company.
- Taking responsibility for the compliance culture and frameworks, ensuring adoption of best compliance practices.
- Working with the HR function to ensure the required education and training requirements are met.
- Monitoring compliance of the company with all relevant regulatory obligations and guidance in terms of operational, financial and technical compliance.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring regulatory reporting is managed in accordance with requirements.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of any appointed servicers / third party specialist providers.
- Monitoring and overseeing compliance with KYC, AML and Financial Crime requirements and reporting.
- Performing the functions and exercising the powers appropriate to various Directorships and regulatory approved persons responsibilities (as required).
- Supporting the Company’s operational activity and decision making, including acting for the Company’s interests in judicial proceedings or in internal regulatory or personnel proceedings in its role as an employer.
- Pro-actively managing the relationship with external lawyers and third party specialist providers, including the control of the respective service levels, fee structures and reporting requirements.
- Advising on and performing the corporate legal functions of the Company.
- Overseeing and holding responsibility for resolution of legal claims brought against the Company.
- Communicating with legal departments of banks and sellers.
- Negotiating and reviewing general corporate contracts and commercial agreements.
- Providing legal advice to other departments, as required, and ensuring compliance with employment and business process laws.
- Coordinating with the Company's finance and operations professionals in respect of the Company's activities.
- Overseeing and managing legal resources, some of which may be direct reports.
- Ensuring that the Company’s interests and reputation are protected.
- At least 10 years’ relevant legal experience.
- At least 7 years’ compliance experience, working in a regulated environment.
- A good understanding of the loan servicing business.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role within a professional organisation, preferably in financial services.
- LLB and/or LLM from a reputable academic institution.
- Qualified Lawyer and Member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Risk & Compliance qualification.
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages, both verbal and written, and highly effective communication skills.
- Technical competence in all relevant aspects of the law and compliance regulations.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to forge trusted working relationships at all levels.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to develop high performing teams.
- Commercially-orientated and strategically-minded, but hands-on in approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines, solutions-orientated and focused upon delivering results.
- Experience working within a unionised environment in Cyprus will be considered an advantage.