CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
2nd Floor - Office 201
On behalf of our client, a leading dry bulk & bagged goods maritime transportation business founded in 2015 in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a Drybulk Operator & Claims Handler.
The company is an expanding freight operator in Limassol, Cyprus trading over 3 million tonnes of cargo per annum. The business is seeking to consolidate its growth through expansion of its local team. The firm requires an additional operator to manage and see through all commercial and operational aspects of the post and pre-fixture space throughout its deal lifecycle.
Given then technical nature of company’s parcel service the ideal candidate is someone with an in-depth experience of dealing with P&I clubs who is able to transfer their experience in this sector towards the commercial operating space.
We are open to receiving candidates of mixed experience and will ultimately remunerate the individual according to their value-add.
- Keeping and maintaining a relationship with the firm’s PnI club
- Managing cargo claim’s portfolio
- Operating vessels from pre-delivery to post-delivery
- Taking decisions to ensure the maximum P&L outcomes on voyages
- Calculating and submitting bunker orders for the vessels.
- Keeping detailed records of all the activities of the voyage
- Managing any claims that may arise in real time.
- Submitting detailed documents and evidence to our analytics team in support of arbitrations.
- Seeking out and assisting with additional premiums
- Calculating hire payments towards vessel owners.
- Ensuring charter party integrity to highlight and manage the risks that the firm makes.
- Submission of ETA notices to all relevant parties
- General work with relation to running a parcelling service.
We consider it a strong benefit for the candidate to have worked previously as a PnI correspondent or generally have had exposure to the workings of a PnI club.
The ideal candidate should be analytical and detailed with a cautious approach to risk. A foreign language is a benefit although not essential but good working English and an understanding of the maritime sector is a must. Good people skills are important in line with the nature of the maritime industry. Experience in handling cargo claims is also a positive.
How to apply
If you are interested for the position and you match all the requirements, please send your CV to Andriana Papadopoullou at the email: email@example.com , including the title of the position in the subject line.
Note: ALL applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.