CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
IT Systems Engineer
Salary up to 24,000EUR dependent on knowledge and experience
Our client, founded in 2005, is one of the world’s leading specialists in virtualisation and associated technologies. With a long and prestigious track record, they are recognised as a leader in its field. Our client has influenced over 300,000 users across 27 countries, with cutting edge bespoke solutions.
Headquartered in the UK with a subsidiary in Cyprus, our client is seeking a Systems Engineer to join their vibrant and dynamic team. This presents a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is at the forefront of virtualisation. The role is home based, with occasional travel to customer sites and company gatherings as required. This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive salary based on knowledge and experience.
The role of Systems Engineer presents an excellent opportunity to work extensively with exciting, cutting-edge technologies across a wide range of sectors and deployments.
Your responsibilities as Systems Engineer will include:
· Providing 1st / 2nd line support to customers and potential leads.
· Contributing to and developing bespoke internal solutions to ensure that the company remains competitive within the market.
· Contributing to company documentation, ensuring projects and solutions are documented sufficiently to enable the team to support them effectively.
· Continually developing and sharing personal knowledge and experience from within the IT industry to ensure the company and its offerings remain competitive and cost effective.
Person Requirements for the role:
· Passionate about technology and providing a high degree of service to customers.
- Ability and desire to develop new skills, expand knowledge, and experience new technologies.
· Self-motivated, able to work without supervision as well as flexible with a proactive approach.
· Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
· Access to a reliable broadband connection at home (5Mbps or better).
· Suitable environment at home to work from, including space to run multiple monitors and server equipment.
· Experience with Windows servers and desktops (Server 2008+, Windows 7+)
· Experience with managing a Windows domain, including familiarity with Active Directory and Group Policy.
· An understanding of core networking technologies – IPs, Gateways, Subnets, DNS, DHCP, etc.
· Experience of first line / helpdesk service.
· Experience working with server and storage infrastructure.
· An awareness of hypervisor-based virtualisation and associated technologies.
· Excellent customer service skills.
On offer is a competitive salary depending on knowledge and experience. Opportunities for personal development are vast, as the company continues to expand, and full training will be offered on all relevant technologies.
If you feel you are right for the role, then please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please forward your CV/Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 22774424 for more details on how to apply.