CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
CareerFinders, on behalf of The Bank of Cyprus, one of the Island’s leading and most highly respected Banking Institutions, we are seeking to recruit a Agile Developer (Microservices) to join their expanding team of professionals based in Nicosia.
Responsible to design and develop new or to modify existing programs/applications and to test the performance of these solutions by following the Bank’s Agile methodology and standards ensuring that these solutions meet the business requirements/ needs. Responsible to monitor and support the activities required to ensure continuous and successful application runs.
- Implement Agile framework effectively for any software project and with any Agile development team.
- Estimate, plan, and manage all his/her own tasks to maximise value and reporting on progress
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the products under his / her area of responsibility in order to translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Participate in major Incidents review and takes necessary actions to ensure future mitigation of similar incidents.
- Raise impediments, risks and issues as early as possible and take appropriate actions to handle them.
- Interact with users as necessary to clarify requirements, to write technical user stories and to assign business value to technical stories.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing and performance testing and ensure he/she has enough information to estimate user stories, to write unit tests and to design and develop code.
- Act as a third level support during incident/problem investigation to ensure restoration of service.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in Server-Side Application programming.
- Good understanding of Agile Framework.
- Banking industry business understanding and experience will be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge of banking industry technologies will be considered as an advantage.
- Proven experience of working with teams of programmers for delivering enterprise level projects.
- Excellent knowledge of REST API and their principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Development & Collaboration tools including Jira & GIT.
- Excellent understanding of security principles and security infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of Container technology & tools e.g. Docker, Docker Compose, ELK etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Development/Integration Tools e.g. Jenkins, SonarQube etc.
- Excellent Knowledge of Unit Testing technology e.g. JUnit, NUnit etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microservice Technology e.g. SpringBoot, .net Core, python, nodejs.
- Excellent knowledge of Server Side Programming languages e.g. Java, C#, python etc.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication in both Greek & English.
- Presentation Skills.
- Strong Organisational Skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Structure Analytical and Critical Thinking.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time, workload and multiple tasks.
- Ability to take initiatives and make decisions.
- Problem-Solving Skills.