CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
CareerFinders, on behalf of the Bank of Cyprus, one of the Island’s leading and most highly respected Banking Institutions, we are seeking to recruit a highly capable and suitably qualified Service Platforms & Middleware Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals based in Nicosia.
- Develop, test, install, configure and troubleshoot infrastructure hardware and software relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Create, update and maintain documentation, diagrams and other detailed instructions relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Install, update and maintain hardware and software to the latest releases, patches, etc., relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Implement, operate, maintain and manage infrastructure components and services relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Implement security and/or management tools and practices across infrastructure components and services, relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Perform design and analysis for new solutions and technologies, relevant to his / her area of responsibility.
- Design and test recovery procedures for the components under his/her responsibility, and ensure that data and configurations are backed up based on the backup and recovery policy, including Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity scenarios.
- Ensure that logs of servers, systems, appliances, services, and other components, are recorded, maintained, and analysed for problem resolution, capacity planning, and/or any other related activity.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve technical issues relevant to his / her area of responsibility, within the set and agreed SLAs.
- Provide onsite or remote third level support relevant to his/her area of responsibility, within the set framework and agreed SLAs.
- Escalate issues to the his/her Unit Area Head where necessary in due time.
- Liaise with the Bank’s subsidiary companies, and acts as the point of contact with the subsidiary IT departments
- Manage, maintain and control Infrastructure Applications and Services, such as Active Directory, Name resolution, MS-Exchange, Internet, Application Virtualization, etc.
- Manage, maintain and control Middleware applications, such as Integration Bus, and SharePoint.
- Execute any other activities assigned to him/her, that falls within and are relevant to his/her area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Certifications on Microsoft Products & Platforms (MCSA, MCSE, O365, Exchange), Private Cloud Platforms as well as Swift Platform will be considered as an advantage.
- 3 + years of relevant industry, field experience preferably in the Banking industry.
- Knowledge of IT and Information Security regulatory requirements for the Banking industry will be considered an advantage.
- Significant knowledge of technologies, solutions and trends and deep interest in keeping up to date with technological developments.
- Execute any other tasks assigned to him/her, that falls within and are relevant to his/her area of responsibility under Service Platforms and Middleware Team [MS SharePoint, MS Exchange, MS ADDS, System Centre, API-C, Cloud Apps, Private Cloud Platforms, Swift, Enterprise Service Bus].
- Proven experience for effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Ability to have and maintain the required confidentiality clearance for the role.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, technology and service-oriented practices.
- Expertise in developing and implementing technical standards and policies.
- Developed negotiation and communication skills.
- Developed management and leadership skills.
- Exceptional service and results orientation.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Successfully presents technical information. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management.
- Ability to achieve results through others.
- Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills.