CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Our client, an international ASP focusing in property management, is looking to hire an Accounting Supervisor for their office in Nicosia.
The role of the Supervisor is to help with the day to day operational activity of the Finance Department, including supervision of the Accounts and reporting to the Finance Manager. The candidate must be able to work within a team, have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and also be able to take initiative. The role requires a newly qualified accountant with experience in financial statements preparation and review (IFRS) and practical knowledge of Cyprus taxation and VAT as well as good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Review statutory financial statements (in English)
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for specific group companies.
- Managing the process of preparation and review of quarterly or bi-annual management accounts for submission to banks
- Assistance in preparation and/or review of year end tax computations including review of IR4s and liaising with tax advisors
- Assistance in preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Assistance in preparation of annual budget for Cyprus companies and quarterly reforecasts including variance analysis
- Assist with consolidation at Cyprus level for bank reporting
- Preparation of provisional tax computations
- Assist in management of year end audit process
- Assist in monthly review of group trial balances for submission
- Assist in preparation and review of quarterly board meeting packs
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager and Chief Accountant as and when required
- Liaise and coordinate with other group offices
- Prepare ad hoc reports as may be requested from time to time
- Professional qualification (ACCA/ACA/CPA) with 0-2 years post-qualification experience
- Proficiency in preparation and review of IFRS financial statements (using Caseware Working Papers)
- Preparation of tax computations under Cyprus tax law
- Knowledge of current VAT laws
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly Excel)
- Fluent in English and Greek
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) - Advantage
- International taxation knowledge/experience - Advantage
- Knowledge/experience with Russian Accounting Standards (RAS) - Advantage