CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Our client, a property investment company specialising in commercial Real Estate in Russia, is looking to hire an Accountant for their office in Nicosia.
The role of Accountant involves monthly bookkeeping, preparation of financial statements under IFRS, VAT, as well as assistance in monthly reporting for consolidation purposes. The candidate must be able to work effectively within a team, have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and also be able to take initiative. The role requires attention to detail and accuracy as well as planning and organization skills. Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are also necessary.
- Prepare journal entries of group companies and preparation of monthly trial balance for consolidation purposes
- Preparation of financial statements and management accounts in accordance with IFRS (using Caseware)
- Preparation of VAT workings for all registered group companies
- Assisting in preparation of quarterly board meeting packs
- Assisting team in monthly preparation of monthly analytics: intercompany, forex and translation reserve reconciliations, overheads analysis and variance analysis with the ability to investigate and explain variances
- Assistance with other tasks as may be required from time to time
- ACCA trainee with 2 years working experience in a relevant role
- Experience with accounting software
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (mainly Microsoft Excel)
- Fluent in English and Greek
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Planes) - Advantage
- Preparation of tax computations under Cyprus tax law - Advantage
- Experience with Caseware Working Papers - Advantage
- Knowledge of financial reporting - Advantage
- VAT experience - Advantage