CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos Street
Limassol CY - 3032
A worldwide supplier of luxury Offshore Support Vessels, based in Limassol, is currently recruiting for a Technical Superintendent to assist the Technical Manager and team in the daily activities of the department. Our client is an established organisation with over 30 years in the industry who strive for high customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will lead by example and honour Company policies, procedures, and all regulatory requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operation of the vessels, ensuring they are operated safely, economically and efficiently maintained to a standard that allows them to fulfill the service requirements of the company, charter parties, and all other commercial contracts.
- To ensure all vessels comply with all statutory and legislative matters, with particular attention to the ISM/ISPS codes, flag and class requirements, and all technical engineering related matters.
- Lead by example and promote the HSEQ message wherever possible both internally and externally.
- Attend to vessel drydocking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
- Provide, compile or review documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed.
- Provide technical and management input in the development of new projects.
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Make regular vessel visits both locally and overseas in order to ensure that the condition and performance of the vessels meet the company's criteria for safe and effective operation.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance.
- Perform reviews of records and documentation in accordance with SMS requirements.
- Conduct and monitor technical compliance audits performed ensuring any preventative and correctives action are dealt with to ensure conformance and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the HSEQ department to ensure smooth and successful implementation of the SMS system.
- Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or Shipboard Engineering Officer.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role or in shipboard service.
- Knowledge of technical terms and specifications.
- Proven ability to work well in a team-based environment to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to build and maintain good communications and relationships.
- Take ownership of work.
- Efficient, plans ahead, manage time well, multitasking, cost-conscious, pays attention to detail, proactive and motivated.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Provident Fund following 6-month probation.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Ross Pitman at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342720 quoting the above reference number.