CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International Online Marketing company with regional offices in Larnaca, we are seeking to recruit a dedicated and technically strong IT Systems Engineer to join their team of professionals.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting IT infrastructure services for the group.
- Work closely with all departments, to ensure that they have access to all required IT infrastructure, which comply with all relevant regulations.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Recommend best practices for the design and installation of new platforms.
- Plan, prioritise, deliver and support IT infrastructure projects.
- Work proactively and independently to deliver solutions.
- Create and document procedures regarding compute infrastructure standards within the organization.
- Interface with suppliers and vendors as needed to evaluate software, hardware or services and make recommendations.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in LDAP based identity management server setup/maintenance.
- MacOs, Linux & Windows administration experience.
- Expert level Bash shell knowledge.
- Deep understanding of computer networking, TCP/UDP, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Pro-level understanding of IT security and how to prevent and resolve security related incidents.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Software development experience in Python or other languages would be considered an advantage.
- Exposure to Windows Powershell would be considered an advantage.
- Experience of working in regulated environments (ISO27K and PCI-DSS) would be considered an advantage.