CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a well-established and highly respected Ship Management company with offices in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a suitably well-qualified and experienced Technical Superintendent to join their expanding team of professionals.
- Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
- Provide, compile or review documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed.
- Provide technical and management input in the development of new projects.
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Make regular vessel visits both locally and overseas in order to ensure that the condition and performance of the vessels meet the company's criteria for safe and effective operation.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc.
- Perform reviews of records and documentation in accordance with SMS requirements.
- Conduct and monitor technical compliance audits performed ensuring any preventative and correctives action are dealt with to ensure conformance and continuous improvement.
- Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or Shipboard Engineering Officer Class 1.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role or in shipboard service.
- Knowledge of technical terms and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Written & Spoken) are a must.
- Good leadership and communication skills, as well the ability to work within a team.
- Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations.
- Proven ability to work well in a team-based environment to achieve goals and objectives.