CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an Information Technology company developing cutting-edge telecommunications-based solutions, we are seeking to recruit a suitably well-qualified and experienced Big Data Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals in Limassol.
- Researching, designing and developing appropriate algorithms for Big Data collection, processing and analysis.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to enable new and existing product capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with product team to define the requirements and set milestones that relate to Big Data features.
- Detect anomalies and perform audit on raw and processed data.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Defining data retention policies.
- Present data findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Management of Elasic Search cluster, with all included services.
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming.
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- Experience with Spark.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple heterogeneous data sources.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O.
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks.
- Experience with DevOps, TDD and CI practices.
- Knowledge in networking principles.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- English language is a must.