CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos Street
Limassol CY 3032
An FCA and CySEC regulated financial services company listed on the London Stock Exchange are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for their Limassol office. With over 20 years’ experience in the trading industry and headquarters in London, the company is a leading provider of online trading services. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join a premium company with a professional and vibrant office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and support in accordance with Internal Regulations, procedures of the Company under the direction of the Chief Information Officer
- Perform operating system level and other software installations, upgrades, replacements and configurations as requested by the Chief Information Officer
- Areas of work include Linux servers, data storage, backup and recovery systems, monitoring systems and IT Operations environments,
- Identify and advise the Chief Information Officer of operating system related software upgrades and releases, system monitoring, hardware capacity upgrades and replacements, disc storage, tape and backup requirements
- Make supervised adjustments to systems software and systems configurations
- Diagnose and repair problems involving the operating system, modems, printers, network interfaces, software applications and other system-level problems with the assistance and support of senior staff
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Add, remove or update user account information, resetting passwords etc.
- Troubleshoot any reported problems
- Perform periodic backups of user and operating system files
- Perform any other activity assigned to this individual by the Chief Information Officer from time to time
- Advise the Chief Information Officer of recommendations on how to increase the quality and speed of service
- Strong experience with Microsoft Server Operating System Technologies, Linux Operating Systems, Layer2 and Layer 3 switching , Microsoft Exchange Servers
- Microsoft Servers such as but not limited to, IIS, Clustering, File Servers, Application Servers,
- Microsoft SQL Server Clusters
- Apache Web Servers
- MySQL Servers
- Load Balancing
- Active Directory Services
- DNS and DHCP Infrastructure Services
- VMware vSphere
- SAN Arrays and SAN Fabrics
- Fiber Channel and iSCSI technologies
- Physical Rack mounted and Blade Servers
- Deep understanding of information security
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
- Ability to quickly adapt on new technologies and requirements.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers
- Ability to act as the core members between development and infrastructure teams.
- Expert knowledge of security and networking
- Deep knowledge of security and encryption
- Medical Insurance
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to George Kimonos at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342720 quoting the above reference number.