CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos Street
Limassol CY 3032
An NGO, committed to protecting children from violence and offering psycho-social support and education to build their confidence, equip them with critical life skills and unleash their inner strength and potential through creating and implementing its own programmes and cooperating with a variety of partner organizations in 16 countries around the world, is now looking to hire a Regional Educational Advisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring quality and evidence-based programming in line with the NGO’s care system and international global standards, the growth of educational competencies and capacity in the NGO’s Middle-East countries and the alignment of global and country specific strategies. This position could be based anywhere in the region, specifically Cyprus, Jordan, Syria, the Occupied Palestinian Territories or Lebanon, and will report directly to the Regional Representative for the Middle East. Frequent travel within the region is essential. Interested applicants are encouraged to include a Cover Letter with their CV application.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support and quality assurance, lead education competency building in the region
- Develop country programs’ expertise to design, monitor and implement evidence-based education programming and projects
- Provide support and coordinate country teams’ resources linked to the quality implementation of key educational approaches, methodologies and strategies
- Guide the strategic thinking on education in the region in cooperation with the CRs, reflecting it in regional and country strategies, policies and guidance
- Deploy and be available for EiE for the NGO in the region supporting country education teams in conducting assessments and deliver quality Education response
- Contribute to the global thematic development work and advocacy in the NGO’s Education priority areas and core interventions
- Ensure that Education M&E standards are adhered to in countries in line with the NGO’s M&E framework
- Lead cross country coordination and cooperation on education programme component by liaising continuously with country teams
- Provide opportunities for cross-country Education knowledge acquisition, capacity and competency development, including but not limited, to the areas of education in emergency
- Gather lessons learnt from countries Education programs, including documentation and dissemination of new knowledge and ensure that lessons learnt are shared and considered for effective Education programming
- Attend and contribute to coordination initiatives for Education in the region, and contribute to the development of regional initiatives focused on Education
- Represent the NGO in relevant regional and global Education technical fora, including relevant regional Education donor meetings
- Support efforts to fundraise to expand Education programs in the region, based on evidence gathered, monitored and analyzed in countries
- Coordinate with the NGO’s Education R&D Department to share lessons learned and follow up on development of Education core interventions.
- Higher Education in Social Sciences, International Development or related fields
- Extensive experience, progressively responsible, working on Education programming in the Middle East
- Knowledge of and experience in Education in emergency programmes
- Knowledge of and experience in the Syria, Lebanon and Occupied Palestinian Territories responses and relative coordination structures
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and established international standards on Education for children in humanitarian settings
- Experience of preparing concept notes and proposals for fundraising
- Excellent understanding of M&E processes and methodologies relevant for Education
- Extensive experience of competency and capacity development, including facilitating learning, coaching and supporting learning across multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English; Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving and result oriented mentality
- Fully support the NGO’s mandate and mission.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Nasreen Kawash at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342720 quoting the above reference number.