CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
Is IT your thing? Opportunities like this don't come around too often, so you will need to be willing to give everything that you have got to make it happen and succeed. We need the freshest, the finest and technically astute talents out there, to join one of the leading IT providers in the Shipping industry.
Why Apply? This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field. Working with an internationally recognized and market leading company, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow in capability and confidence. The job will give you a fantastic opportunity to work in a very interesting sector, with a variety of people at all levels of seniority.
As the Senior System Administrator, you will install, maintain, upgrade and manage the company’s software, hardware, and networks. The goal and job purpose of the Senior System Administrator is to ensure the company’s technology infrastructure, operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, back-ups, run smoothly and efficiently.
The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes the feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications.
- Infrastructure planning and the ability to plan integrations and additions across many systems
- Build, manage and troubleshoot the servers on a regular basis
- Work with a variety of open source tools and technologies
- Ensure that the security aspect is always considered, taking into account, the process of automation, increased visibility, fast updates.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Administer servers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates, and patches
- Maintain the business software applications
- Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and evaluate existing and new operating systems
- Direct technicians, to diagnose and correct systems related to failures and performance system management and determine logical solutions
- Ensure the integrity and availability of back-up systems
- Design and maintain disaster recovery procedure
- 3+ years’ experience, Senior System Administrator position or related experience
- A Degree in Computer Science or other related field or adequate experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of GUN/Linux operating system (Debian, CentOS)
- Good knowledge of Windows Server edition
- Hands-on experience in network and storage systems
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware and KVM
- Knowledge of Docker container technology
- Good knowledge of IP, TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS, and network troubleshooting and management tools
- Experience in managing database system including MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of backup management systems
- Experience with hardware and operating system monitoring
- Understanding of automation tools
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A logical thinker and the ability to work alone
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Experience with implementing and maintaining server hardware
- Familiar with UPS and PDU hardware
- Knowledge of coding in bash and python will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of PowerShell will be considered an advantage