CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
If you are looking for a change in scenery, then this is the opportunity for you. Grab hold of the chance to work in sunny Cyprus, with the beach right at your feet. Our client, a well-established Ship owning firm is looking to hire a Chartering Manager for their offices in Limassol, Cyprus
This role will be fully responsible for performing/supervising all fixtures and assist in post-fixtures activities for 10 Bulk vessels chartered by the Company. He or she will develop and maintain a system to provide the Company with up-to-date visibility of all vessels chartered.
The Chartering Manager will keep in constant contact with brokers, partners and report regularly to the General Manager and Owners about actual positions, freight markets, trends and analysis. He or she will introduce best practice methods and or adjust existing processes accordingly.
Direct apply --> https://www.loxo.co/job/221824
- Maximize TCE earnings on the fleet;
- Negotiating charter parties with charterers/operators/brokers;
- Executing charter parties with charterers /operators/brokers;
- Making charter party details available to post fixtures and masters; Instruct the Master of the vessel about fixture recap (excluding the costs) and charter party proforma.
- Measuring and reporting third-party service provider performance;
- Maintaining files of all vessels chartered by the company;
- Preparation/Controlling/Managing hire statements/invoices including freight, demurrage and dispatch claims utilizing company software. Hire/voyage recoveries.
- Reporting fixture results. Voyage accounting, including comparisons against the charter party estimates, on completion of the voyage and when the voyage file is closed, including analysis of variances.
- Developing and maintain chartering operating procedures;
- Supporting the ongoing and development of safety and excellence culture;
- Make complete voyage plan and estimates;
- Networking and engaging with key stakeholders to raise the profile of the business
- Developing and contributing to key business strategy and ongoing business plan
- Work closely with the Technical team to ensure that the fleet has as many tradable days as possible.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in dry bulk chartering
- Experience in Spot Chartering within a Ship Owning or a Brokerage Firm
- Knowledge of shipping cargoes and familiar with all related laws and regulations
- Good network with cargo interest, operators/charterers within the shipping industry
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels
- Team player who has the discipline to work along and meet pre-defined deadlines
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Competitive annual gross salary
- Potential tax benefits
- Private Medical Aid
- Relocation assistance