CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
A global shipping company currently has an opportunity for a Marketing/Shipping Manager to join their team. Our client is one of the largest shipping agencies making this a great opportunity for the successful person to join their Limassol office. With offices worldwide and over 9,000 people on their payroll, the company offers a wide range of shipping and logistics services. The successful candidate must have prior experience as a shipping manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the company, its principals and their services and strive to meet the targets set by the company
- Participate in forming the company strategy, meeting targets and increasing business and profitability
- Carry out market research, develop a customer database and actively seek to gain new business and identify opportunities for cooperation
- Contact new and existing customers and maintain good relations with them
- Implement sales strategy and impose sales targets to sales officers
- Train and evaluate the performance of sales team
- Process import and export rate requests, prepare and send quotations
- Secure space, freight rates and equipment for import/export shipments
- Keep clients updated and informed about their shipment status and solve any problems with their booking/shipment (sailings/equipment/space)
- Fully utilise company approved software to record all actions in the system and prepare statistical reports
- Review and check documentation and ensure information noted is correct and as per agreement with the shipping line and clients
- Stay up to date with current market conditions, international developments and competition
- Actively seek customer feedback, report and record all customer complaints received and decide upon the corrective action required to address them
- Bachelor degree is essential
- Master’s degree is an advantage
- 8 years’ experience in marketing/ sales
- 5 years’ experience in shipping industry (preferred)
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written Greek and English
- 14 Salaries
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to George Kimonos at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 25 342 720 quoting the above reference number.